I have been asked many times this question:
“Is it healthy to have a protein shake every day?”
Or: Why protein shakes instead of regular food?
Well there are many answers and many data around these questions.
A Protein Shake between meals is:
- A pick me up meal
- Helps build the muscle lost as you age
- Supports normal immune function
- Balances insulin levels
- Mantains a hormonal balance
- A simple way to have a replacement meal
- A fast way to repair muscle and easy to digest meal after exercise
- Lifts up your mind and emotions
Here is the recipe:
Stay Lean, Healthy and Happy with this Protein Shake
- ¼ cup coconut milk sugar free (I use vanilla flavor)
- 1 ½ scoop of Sun Warrior Classic Protein Shake (either chocolate or vanilla) I like the vanilla flavor for this shake. This is a well tolerable protein.
- 1 teaspoon L-Glutamine (powder)
- 1 tablespoon UDO’s oil
- 1 handful of berries
- 1/3 banana (I have them already cut and saved in a frozen bag in the freezer)
- 1 teaspoon of Maca powder
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- You may add 1/3 cup plain non fat Kefir (optional)
- 8- 12 ounces of water
- Blend everything together
There are many reasons for each ingredient; the whole gives you energy, lessens the sugar cravings, aids your body to alkalanize, keeps you full and assists you lose or maintain the desired weight.
I take it every day even in the non-exercise days.
I totally recommend this blender Hamilton Beach, low-priced, easy to clean and handy, plus a Blender Bottle.
Enjoy 🙂 Keep Moving & Keep Smiling!!!
Did you like this Blog ? Do you have some one that will benefit from this blog? Please share it, we need more people like YOU to make this a Healthy & Happy World.