Yesterday after having a busy day it was almost 6:30pm, I had to start thinking fast what to cook to my husband and me. (We do not eat the same type foods)
My rules are that even though he is a good eater, I have to prepare meals that contain his enjoyable foods but with the healthy touch.
1- Has to be an organic and lean protein
2- Has to have some type of vegetable on the side or mixed
3- He likes to eat carbohydrate like: rice, pasta or potato.
4- And it has to have flavor (any sauce)
I already had some ground meat thawed, green beans on the refrigerator, and a sauce that he liked; also some leftover of basmati rice with mushrooms and almonds on the freezer from the day before. So I decided to be creative and this is what came into my mind. Easy, fast and he said it was DELICIOUS.
• 1 lb 90% fat free organic grounded beef
• 1 organic egg
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon of baking soda
• Salt and pepper
• Spices (used: paprika; chilly; garlic)
Mix everything; make small balls wetting your hands in water so it’s easier. Place them on a greased pan, and bake them on the oven at 350* these will take 20 mn to 25mn.
On the side mix:
• 2 tablespoon of water
• ½ cup Organic Peanut Sauce from Whole foods (if you want to know why organic go to: my blog; Michelle’s blog; Bryan’s blog)
Once you take them out of the oven, mixed them with the Peanut sauce and water, place them on a pan covered and let them cook on the stove in slow temperature for 5 to 7 mn.
• Steamed Green beans with grilled onions and garlic
• And basmati rice with mushrooms and toasted almonds
Voila!!!!! Try them, enjoy them and let me know 🙂